- Packaged sugar cookie dough
- 8 ounces strawberry flavored cream cheese spread
- Rolling pin
- 8 cups assorted fresh fruit, washed and sliced
- Baking stone or cookie sheet
- Using a rolling pin, roll the cookie dough into a thin sheet on your baking stone or cookie sheet, about ¼-½ in. We used a large heart cookie cutter to shape the heart. You can also just shape it into a heart.
- Bake according to the directions on the package.
- Spread the cream cheese in a thin layer over the surface of the cookie.
- Layer the fresh fruit over the frosting in whatever pattern you desire.
- If desired, cover the fruit with a light coat of ¼ cup apricot jelly mixed with 1 Tbsp water using a pastry brush. Combine the jelly and water, and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until the jelly is smooth. Use a pastry brush to glaze the top of your fruit. This prevents the cut fruit from looking wilted.