Our FamilyChatter Challenge is simple—just do your best. Here are some easy questions that will hopefully inspire your family to engage in great conversations whenever, however, you can. Enjoy!
- Would you rather spend the day shopping, at the beach, at the water park or at home reading a good book?
- If you could learn a new skill, what would you want to learn? Why?
- What makes a person a role model? Do you have any role models? Who are they and why do you consider them a role model?
- What do you consider to be your strongest character trait? How does it affect your day-to-day life? How do others benefit from it?
- How important is money to you? Why?
- How much do you really know about your parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents? Spend some time talking with your relative, and find out as much as you can—while you can!
- What is your most valuable possession?
- What are some ways that lying
can have a negative impact on your life and those around you?
Keep the Conversation Going with Follow-up Questions:
- Interesting. What else can you tell me about that?
- Now what are you going to do?
- No way! Can you tell me more?
- Seriously? Then what happened?
- How do you feel about what happened?
- How does this make you feel?
- What’s your next step?