- Youth-sized T-shirt, any color or design
- Fabric scissors
- Optional—sewing machine
- Optional—fabric ribbon or trim
- Cut off the hem and sleeves of the shirt.
- Cut around the neckline in the shape of an 8-inch deep “U”.
- Optional—use a sewing machine to sew the bottom of the shirt closed 4 inches from the bottom edge.
- Cut 3 ½ inch slits, 1 inch apart, through the front and back of the shirt along the bottom edge to make fringe.
- Tie together the front and back of each pair of fringe, knotting securely.
- Optional—use fabric ribbon to tie a bow at the shoulder seams at the top of the handles of each bag.