- Sculpey brand oven-bake clay, 2 ounces each of 3 colors
- Waxed paper
- Baking sheet
- Wire cooling rack
- Oven and oven mitts
- 8 self-adhesive button magnets
- Colored tape, ½ to 3/4-inch wide
- Optional—small cookie cutters
- Use Sculpey clay to create 2 distinct flat shapes, 4 copies of each shape (e.g., four birds and four fish). Shapes should be no more than 2 inches in length. Directions for shaping and baking Sculpey can be found at www.sculpey.com. Optional—use small cookie cutters to make basic shapes. Use small bits of Sculpey to add details, or draw lines and add dots with toothpicks.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Place the completed shapes on the waxed paper-lined sheet and bake according to the manufacturer’s instructions (about 15 minutes at 275 degrees F). Let cool completely.
- Apply a self-adhesive button magnet to the back of each shape.
- Use colored tape to create a tic-tac-toe grid, each section at least 2 inches square, on your refrigerator or other metal surface (like the inside of a school locker).
- Use the shapes to play tic-tac-toe on the grid.