- 1 Cup of flour
- ½ Cup of salt
- Food coloring or gel
- ½ Cup of water
- Plastic or latex gloves
- Zippered plastic bags
- Mix flour and salt in a large bowl. Put on gloves if you do not want your hands to get messy or colored from food coloring.
- Add water and mix thoroughly with your hands until a smooth dough is formed.
- Add food coloring. We added from 5–25 drops or blobs of gel depending on the color and richness we desired. Add drops in small amounts. Thorough mixing is required to get a smooth look and feel.
- Store in the refrigerator in zippered plastic bags.
- Have a fun time playing with the dough as a family. It is okay for Mom and Dad to play too.