- 3 oz. boxes of Jello, a rainbow of colors
- Knox Gelatine envelopes
- Hot water
- Cut oranges in half and remove all the fruit, leaving only the peel. We used 6 oranges, one for each color of the rainbow:
red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple.
- Heat 1 cup of water in the saucepan until boiling. Add one envelope of Knox Gelatine and stir until completely dissolved. Add one 3 oz. package of Jello and stir completely.
- Pour ½ mixture into each half of the orange.
- Place in the refrigerator. I recommend putting it on a plate or cookie tray to catch stray Jello that may spill.
- Repeat with all remaining colors.
- Slice orange with a sharp knife to look like orange slices.
- Refrigerate until it is time to serve.