Owning a home doesn’t just help you build wealth. It also impacts your life and your children’s lives. Here are some of the specific benefits homeowners may enjoy over renters:
- Homeowners are healthier and live longer.
- Owning a home reduces the likelihood of divorce.
- Homeowners are less likely to suffer from depression.
- City homeowners are less likely to be victims of crime.
- Children of homeowners often achieve a higher level of education.
- Children of homeowners are likely to earn more over their lifetimes.
- Children of homeowners have significantly lower teen dropout and pregnancy rates.
- Homeowners have a better understanding of politics and are more likely to vote.
- Homeowners are more likely to be involved in neighborhood groups.
So if I can help you live a better life and become wealthier, give me a call!
Sources: National Association of Realtors, Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health